Friday, November 12, 2010

Villanelle

MY DEAR SWEET BROTHER, HATE

My dear sweet brother, hate

Burned by bailed figurines of your younger days;

I sing sweet words, so not to relate.

O the first, was fueled to fornicate

As much as pleased, with no way to raise

My dear sweet brother, hate.

He came, then went, aimed to complicate

An old wife, with a new; in many ways

I sing sweet words, so not to relate.

And then another, who wouldn’t hesitate

The slick headed man came in like a blaze

My dear sweet brother, hate.

Later to say “No way to communicate”

And like the first, saw you at a young phase;

Icing, sweet words, so not to relate.

Now we look old, no time to procrastinate

At dawn, she’ll be born, and the past in a haze.

My dear sweet brother, relate!

I sing sweet words, so not to hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment