Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's Alway Sunny In Philadelphia - Teaser

COLD OPEN

BLACK SCREEN

TITLE: 10:45 A.M.

TITLE: On A Friday

TITLE: Philadelphia, PA

OVER TITLES, WE HEAR:

CHARLIE (V.O.)

Seriously man, I really don’t care

about her anymore.

DENNIS (V.O.)

You’re so full of shit, Charlie.

CHARLIE (V.O.)

What are you talking about, dude?

INT. PADDY’S PUB – DAY

CHARLIE, MAC and DENNIS are sitting at the bar. DEE is behind the bar on her laptop, which is on the bar.

DENNIS

There’s no way in hell you’re

expecting us to believe that you

never want to see the Waitress

again.

Mac squints and shrugs his shoulders.

MAC

Yeah, bro. You’ve been obsessing

over her for years.

Charlie holds his arms up, because he is confused.

CHARLIE

Well look, maybe I’m just tired of

her, okay, I mean she isn’t that

nice when you think about it.

DENNIS

That’s never stopped you before.

CHARLIE

I told her how I feel and tried

doing nice things fore her, but, you

know, she just craps on my heart, man.

MAC

Well, you have gone about it a bit

aggressively.

Charlie turns to Mac and is defensive.

CHARLIE

Aggressively? What are you talking

about, dude?

Dennis shuffles.

DENNIS

Well, Charlie, I think what Mac is

trying to say is that all the stalking

and late night calls from the emergency

room is creepy. And kinda sad.

Charlie waves his hand at Dennis.

CHARLIE

That’s bullshit, man.

MAC

Charlie, don’t you think Dennis has

a point here?

Dee looks up from her computer with a big smile on her face.

DEE

Oh my god, you guys, that casting

director for that T.V. dating show

just emailed me back.

CHARLIE

Oh, I’m sorry. Maybe I was just

trying to show her what a passionate

person I am.

MAC

By bugging her apartment with your

tape recorder from junior high that

you stuffed in one of those plastic

rocks, so you could hear everything

she does?

Mac holds one finger up to his ear, as if he hand an ear piece in.

DEE

You guys.

CHARLIE

No. Look, I put the tape recorder

in the rock, to disguise it, you

know, so that way…

Dennis interrupts.

DENNIS

Weird, dude.

Dee is still looking up from her computer, and squints.

DEE

You guys.

MAC

Besides, Charlie, you couldn’t have

ever gotten the Waitress because you

don’t know shit about women.

CHARLIE

Screw you guys, okay.

Dee SLAMS both her hands on the bar.

DEE

Seriously, you guys, this is really

important.

Mac leans back on his stool, then throws in body forward and rest his head on the bar.

MAC

Goddamn it, Dee, what could be so

MAC (CONT’D)

important?

Dee takes a step back and crosses her arms.

DEE

I just wanted to tell, you guys,

that casting director from the T.V.

show emailed me back, and I’m really

excited. It says to meet at the

Marriott in downtown tonight. This

could be my big break.

DENNIS

Great.

Mac takes a drink from his beer mug and SLAMS it on the bar, and leans forward to get in Dee’s face.

MAC

Awesome, Dee. Let us know when this

blows up in your face.

Mac leans back down and gives Dennis a high-five.

DEE

Oh come on. Every time something

good happens to me, nobody cares.

CHARLIE

No, good for you, Dee.

DEE

(unsure)

Thanks, Charlie.

Dennis SCOFFS.

MAC

What kinda show is this?

DEE

It’s one of those dating shows,

where a washed up celebrity gets to

pick from like twenty girls to be his

love, or whatever. They put all

the girls in a nice house with all

DEE (CONT’D)

you can drink and plenty of camera

exposure.

MAC

Who’s the celebrity?

DEE

Scott Baio.

Dennis WINCES and looks annoyed.

DENNIS

Scott Baio? The Happy Days guy?

Isn’t he like 50?

Dee points at Dennis.

DEE

That’s not the point. The point is

I don’t have to win, all I gotta do

is get in front of that camera. Then

some big name director will cast me

in a major motion picture.

The gang pauses, looks at one another and LAUGHS at Dee.

DENNIS

You… you really think that will

happen?

CHARLIE

Yeah, Dee, there’s probably more to

it then that.

Mac points at Dennis and Charlie, as if he were instructing them.

MAC

Well, if said director is shooting

a movie about the life and times of

Big Bird, then maybe she’ll have a

chance.

Charlie and Dennis nod.

DENNIS

Ah, you’re right, I didn’t even

think of that.

CHARLIE

Yeah, yeah, with the large nose and

wing-like arms. It could work.

DENNIS

And look at your hair, Dee. Are you

trying to look like a parrot?

Dee crosses her arms.

DENNIS (CONT’D)

This dating show isn’t going anywhere,

Dee. It’s just going to be like all

the other dating shows. I bet me, Mac,

and Charlie could put on a better show

then the one you’re going to be on.

DEE

Whatever. That’s a stupid idea. We’ll

see what you assholes say when I’m

on the big screen.

Dee packs up her things, while the gang LAUGHS at her.

DEE (CONT’D)

Later, bitches.

Dee SLAMS the door behind her.

END OF TEASER

No comments:

Post a Comment