Monday, October 11, 2010

Snoqualmie Falls

Boundless evergreens and big leaf maples

Cover dirt and leaves for miles

Beyond the eye’s aptitude

From a small lookout point

Atop the Snoqualmie water.

Here I forget my city streets

And forsake feeling of separation.

A mild wind scrapes my back

At the first glimpse of dirt.

A sole trail staring

Downwards to

Snoqualmie’s mouth.

With a mind wondering

Big leaf maples shade

My charging feet

Towards the dead stumps

Adorned with the new evergreen life.

The nursing trees. Some hollow as death

Others full.

The lone trail opens

To a rocked beach

As wind gathers vim.

There Snoqualmie breathes

Cold mist on my face and arms.

I wipe mist from my eye

Before a silent gasp sneaks

From my mouth

Following a smile

As the two hundred foot roaring rainy curtain

Baptizes

The rocks below.

Snoqualmie’s water

Once blue

Now the color of evergreen from algae.

A tan faced child screams on a stone alter

Draping the lagoon.

The naked Snoqualmie girl

Scans—

Rocks and trees and water

For a Snoqualmie mother’s hand.

My ankle loosens

Above the rocked beach

As she fell.

No comments:

Post a Comment